Tuesday, April 8, 2014

OK, Mosaic Tuesday

So, OK, I admit I've been slipping on the mosaics. Here is one I stumbled across (almost literally) while visiting in El Segundo.

This relatively new shopping center (Plaza El Segundo) is on the east side of Sepulveda, just north of Rosecrans. And the mosaic fountain with animal sculptures is right next to the Anthropologie store and Pinkberry. It's a tribute to the blue butterfly (below), which is also found in Palos Verdes now, and--while still on the endangered species list--seems to be making a comeback.

Here are more mosaics--the curved benches around the fountain are covered in ceramic tiles. My guess is that this was a fundraiser of some sort as many of the tiles are from families, but I haven't found any information on that.

No comments: